June 3rd - June 5th, 2016
Congratulations to the 2016 overall defending champions
|Jackson Maynard||Karla Gilbert|
|Read Karla’s blog post about the race!|
and great work by Team Maui Jim Kailua for winning the inaugural Maui Jim Team challenge.
Maui Jim OceanFest
The Maui Jim OceanFest presented by Maui Jim Sunglasses will be a Two-Day ocean festival comprised of 10 indiividual Sprint Races in multi-disciplined events. The races will take place around an established course of bouys in the waters of Ka’anapali Beach fronting the Ka’anapali Beach Hotel.
Men and Women can test their skills in a multitude of individual races accumulating points along the way in both the Open Division and Age Group Divisions. The event will crown an Overall Waterman and Waterwomen in all divisions after the “Waterman Challenge” finale race.
Watch the re-cap video from Maui Jim OceanFest 2015 here:
Friday, June 3 to Sunday, June 5
- $40,000 CASH PURSE
- Sprint races for Surf-ski, OC-1, SUP, Prone Paddle-board and Swimming.
- Open class and age groups
- Fun Keiki races
- Iron man style multi-disciplined races on day two
Single Day registration: $125
Two Day registration: $200
$10/person entry fee for the Maui Jim Team Division
Sign up early – the registration prices will go up after May 1st (Single Day $150 / Two Day $250)
Early registration before May 1 includes a second Sunday Awards Dinner ticket at no charge ($90 value)!
All race registrations include free kids race entry. (All kids races are free and equipment is provided)
Activities include beach flags, paddleboard and SUP sprints and swim races and Jr. Guard education.
Proceeds will be donated to local charities: Hale Makua Health Services, Imua Family Services, Women Helping Women, Maui Arts and Cultural Center, and the Maui County Junior Lifeguard Program.
Join a Team
The 2nd Annual MJOF will offer participants a chance to team up with fellow competitors to form competition teams. How it works:
- Individuals will once again accumulate points for their own personal totals via the Open or Age group divisions over the two days of competition.
- A competitor’s accrued points over the two days can also be applied in parallel to a team total points that will be tabulated throughout the competition.
- Teams MUST consist of a minimum of 5 or a maximum of 6 members and be representative of all divisions. For example:
Team “X” will consist of 6 members, one from the Open Div., one from Men’s 30’s, one from Men’s 40’s, one from Men’s 50’s, one from Women’s <35, one from Women’s >35. Hence, all teams will be co-ed, and the co-ed teams will compete as 5-person relay teams in the Day Two Medley Relay Finale which will count toward a team’s points and require participation from 5 team members (1 woman). The top 3 teams will be awarded prizes and the winning team will be placed on a perpetual trophy that will be showcased at the Maui Jim Lahaina office.
Register your team during race registration but all teams must be registered under a team name prior to the first event on Saturday.
First-To-Finish "Open" Relay
Not for Team Points
The final event on Day One will be a Co-ed Medley Relay. Teams will consist of 5 participants and cover the 5 event disciplines. Each team can choose the order of disciplines and strategize the order of their team members as they wish. The first team to complete all five disciplines will be the First-To-Finish Relay winners. (Prizes to be awarded to the top 3 team.)
**Note. The First-To-Finish Medley Relay is NOT part of the team competition and not for points.
Day 1 Events
Day One Morning: (Open and Age Group Heats)*
Swim Race (Heats)
Surf-Ski Race (Heats)
SUP Race (Heats)
** ALL SUPS MUST BE INFLATABLE 12’6″ x 30″- We will provide.**
OC-1 Race (Heats)
Paddleboard Race (Heats)
Lunch Break – Keiki Beach Flags/Races (Kids event free)
Day One Afternoon: (Finals)
FIRST TO FINISH Five Person Co-ed (1 female) Medley Relay consisting of all 5 disciplines (No points but prizes).
*Option to combine age group heats based on turnout in each event.- Points will still be accumulated for your respective division.
Day 2 Events
Day Two Morning: (Open and Age Group Heats)
Paddleboard-Swim-SurfSki (Heats) (American Ironman)
SUP-Swim-OC-1 (Heats) (Hawaiian Ironman)
Waterman Challenge (Heats) (Run, Swim, SUP, Paddleboard, OC-1, SurfSki)
Lunch Break Keiki Beach Flags/Races (Kids event free)
Day Two Afternoon: (Finals)
Paddleboard-Swim-Surfski Finals (American Ironman Finals)
SUP-Swim-OC-1 Finals (Hawaiian Ironman Finals)
Open Waterman Challenge Final Women/Men
Maui Jim Relay Team Medley
The final order of each discipline for the Waterman Challenge will be decided on the day of the event based on conditions.
1st – 25 Pts.
2nd – 21 Pts.
3rd – 20 Pts.
4th – 18 Pts.
5th – 16 Pts.
6th – 15 Pts.
7th – 13 Pts.
8th – 12 Pts.
9th – 10 Pts.
10th – 9 Pts.
11th – 8 Pts.
12th – 7 Pts.
13th – 6 Pts.
14th – 5 Pts.
15th – 4 Pts.
16th – 3 Pts.
17th – 2 Pts.
18th – 1 Pt.
1st – 20 Pts.
2nd – 16 Pts.
3rd – 15 Pts.
4th – 13 Pts.
5th – 12 Pts.
6th – 10 Pts.
7th – 9 Pts.
8th – 7 Pts.
9th – 6 Pts.
10th – 5 Pts.
11th – 4 Pts.
12th – 2 Pts.
Under 18 years
Anyone can race Open, but Men 18-29 years are ONLY eligible for the Open division.
*Open division is optional to women who will race against men for open points and purse.
Men Age Groups:
Women Age Groups:
34 years and under
35 years and over
- The Maui Jim OceanFest will try to accommodate the field of participants with available equipment (Surf-Ski’s/OC-1’s/SUP/Prone).
- SUP’s will be limited to 12’6″.
- Prone Paddleboards cannot exceed stock, 12′.
- Participants are encouraged and welcome to bring their own equipment to the event but are NOT restricted to having their own gear. Sharing of the equipment provided by the MJOF will not only be mandatory by the very nature of the event but necessary given the obstacles to getting equipment to the venue (this is especially obvious for our international participants). Sharing of equipment will be optimum and both Race Officials and Race Marshall’s will be aware of the need for heats and participants to be sharing equipment. Patience and Aloha between participants will be greatly appreciated to facilitate heats taking place in a timely fashion. MJOF will also have plenty of staff/volunteers on site to transport equipment back to the starting line as heats and finals finish their races.
- Following the Maui Jim Molokai Challenge (May 29, 2016) Surf-Ski’s and OC-1’s will be trailered and shipped to Maui for the MJOF competition.
- Anyone wanting to get their personal equipment on a trailer please contact the Event Director to reserve a spot at: email@example.com.
- ** SPECIAL NOTICE: SUP’s IN ALL RACE DIVISIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO INFLATABLE 12’6 ″ and will be provided to all competitors free of charge. A variety of inflatable SUP brands will be made available to competitors. Prone Paddleboards cannot exceed stock, 12′. All other equipment is open division.
- All image rights reserved Maui Jim Oceanfest- Photo Credit: 808photo
- $168 room only /$204 room + breakfast
- $212 room / $248 room + breakfast. (Oceanview)
- You can book online at: http://www.kbhmaui.com/
- MJOF GROUP DISCOUNT CODE: COMING SOON
- Maximum occupancy is four (4) people per room. Additional charge for 3rd and 4th persons $40 room only or $58 room and breakfast per person per night plus tax.
This is a COMPETITOR AND FAMILY ONLY OFFER.